Qantas Frequent Flyers will today start earning rewards for making sustainable choices at home and when they travel, as Qantas switches on its new Green membership tier.
The Green tier will sit alongside existing flying tiers – Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum One – to encourage and reward frequent flyers for everything from offsetting their flights, to staying in eco-accredited hotels, purchasing sustainable wine and supporting environmental initiatives.
Benefits of Green tier status
Members who achieve Green tier status by completing at least five sustainable activities across six areas in their membership year, can choose to receive either 10,000 Qantas Points, 50 Status Credits or have three tonnes of carbon offsets purchased by Qantas on their behalf, as well as a range of other exclusive benefits.
As well as choosing either points, Status Credits or carbon offsets for reaching Green tier status, members will also unlock additional bonus points. These include earning 150 points for every night they stay at an eco-accredited hotel booked via Qantas Hotels, and 250 bonus points for every case of six eco-wines purchased through Qantas Wine.
Other benefits include invitations to exclusive events and a green digital Qantas Frequent Flyer card within the Qantas app.
These rewards are in addition to benefits members get under their existing flying status or as part of Points Club. Qantas will also recognise certain sustainable actions taken by members since the program was first announced in November.
The six Green tier activity areas are:
- Travelling: Book an eco-accredited hotel through Qantas Hotels in Australia.
- Flying: Offset the emissions of flights through the Fly Carbon Neutral program, with Qantas matching contributions dollar for dollar.
- Sustainable purchases: Choose from sustainable wine purchases through Qantas Wine, or make deliveries from both Qantas Wine and the Qantas Rewards Store climate positive for just $1.
- Lifestyle: Install solar panels or help support high quality and verified carbon offset projects in Australia and around the world when offsetting home and car emissions.
- Reducing impact: Complete the sustainability quiz in the Qantas Wellbeing App which is designed to help members understand how they can better reduce their impact, with plans to add more actions to the app in the future.
- Giving back: Make a contribution towards organisations and projects committed to sustainability, including protecting the Great Barrier Reef and supporting sustainable initiatives developed by charity partners OzHarvest, UNICEF and Kimberley Land Council.
The program will continue to evolve and offer members more ways to be rewarded for other environmentally friendly activities like walking or cycling to work and choosing sustainable aviation fuel when they travel.
While you’re here: Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, deals and news. It only takes a few seconds and we respect your privacy: