Qantas Frequent Flyer is set to launch an online auction house, offering members a new way to burn Qantas Points through bidding on exclusive items. The Qantas Points Auction will initially see five unique experiences going under the hammer over five days.
There are five incredible experiences on offer, including a trip for four people to Queenstown worth $50,000 AUD:
- private charter flight to Byron Bay, Hamilton Island or Devonport inclusive of premium Qantas hospitality
- a luxury holiday for four people to Queenstown
- kids soccer coaching clinic with Socceroos Coach Graham Arnold
- spin in the 787 simulator with one of Qantas’ most experienced Captains
- two Qantas A380 Business class Skybeds to keep in the lounge room
How it works
The first points auction will start on Monday 2 August. One item will be auctioned off each day from 2 to 6 August 2021 between 8am and 9pm AEST. Note that auctions are only open to Australian residents who are Qantas Frequent Flyers aged 18 and over.
Members must place the highest bid by 9pm AEST and have the points available in their account to accept the item.
Based on the success of the first Points Auction, Qantas Frequent Flyer will look at sourcing more unique items exclusive to its members to be auctioned off throughout the year.
Find out more about each of the first five experiences below:
- Discover the exhilaration of flying as you take virtual command of a Qantas 787 Dreamliner. During the 2.5 hour session, you’ll be under the personal instruction of one of our most experienced Captains – Qantas Chief Technical Pilot Alex Passerini, or Qantas Fleet Operations Manager Lisa Norman, who operated Qantas’ inaugural B787 flight from Perth to London non-stop.
Starting bid = 50,000 Qantas Points
- Overlooking Lake Wakatipu, with uninterrupted views extending to the snow-capped mountain ranges, Eichardt’s Private Hotel is the pinnacle of luxury accommodation in Queenstown. The package includes four return Qantas Business class flights to Queenstown, penthouse accommodation for three nights with all the trimmings including a private chef and a fully-stocked mini bar and private dining on a super yacht.
Starting bid = 300,000 Qantas Points
- A children’s coaching clinic with Socceroos’ Head Coach Graham Arnold, who represented Australia 56 times as a striker during an international career spanning 12 years. In this hour-long training session for up to 20 children hosted in NSW, the kids will warm up, be taken through drills and skills and play a game.
Starting bid = 100,000 Qantas Points
- Land yourself a priceless piece of Qantas memorabilia – two A380 Business class Skybeds, they’ll make you feel like you’re permanently in the sky. Full disclosure, the built-in screens don’t work outside of the plane, but picture this… reclining on a Skybed in your media room, sipping champagne, watching the latest TV series. They’ll be the hottest seats in the house.
Starting bid = 350,000 Qantas Points
- Invite up to 30 of your friends and family members to take off on your private Qantas Dash-8 and enjoy Qantas’ renowned hospitality in the lounge and inflight. Choose from three incredible destinations: Sydney to Byron Bay, Brisbane to Hamilton Island or Melbourne to Devonport.
Starting bid = 1.2 million Qantas Points
For more information, head here.
While you’re here: Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, deals and news. It only takes a few seconds and we respect your privacy: