Are you averse to paying a high annual fee on a credit card but still want access to great perks and excellent points earning potential? Pick up an AMEX Platinum Edge credit card! With a $200 annual travel credit offset against a $195 annual fee, you’ll come out ahead, even before you’ve earned any points.
Apply online via PC, tablet or smartphone here or read on for more information about the card’s great perks.
Why we love the AMEX Platinum Edge Card:
- An annual $200 travel credit to spend online at American Express Travel. You can use this to book flights, car hire, hotels and experiences.
- Earn points 1:1 into a huge number airline schemes like Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Emirates and more.
- Receive complimentary enrolment in the Membership Rewards Ascent program saving you $80 per year.
- Add on supplementary cardholders free of charge – really useful for taking advantage of American Express perks such as ‘Shop Small’ and statement credits.
- Score complimentary domestic and international Travel Insurance.
Travel further with a $200 travel credit to spend online at American Express travel
Your $200 travel credit comes pre-loaded into your online account each anniversary year. Use it to purchase airfares, hotels, car hire and more – all at a competitive price – through AMEX travel.
Transfer your points 1:1 to a number of top airline and hotel schemes
You’ll earn points in the excellent American Express Membership Rewards ‘Ascent’ program. Points transfer out at a 1:1 rate to a number of airline and hotel programs. Accessible airlines include Virgin Australia, Singapore Airlines Krisflyer, Emirates and more. AMEX Membership Rewards is an amazingly flexible reward program that can be used for fantastic award redemptions. Check out my recent post Book a $15k Trip with AMEX Reward Points.
While you can’t transfer your points directly to Qantas Frequent Flyer, you can still use your points to book Qantas operated award flights. You can find our recent post about this here.
Earn up to 3 points per $ on ‘everyday’ spend – with no points cap!
The AMEX Platinum Edge Card offers the highest AMEX Membership Rewards points per $ earn of any American Express card for supermarket spend. You’ll earn:
- 3 points per dollar spent at major supermarkets
- 2 points per dollar spent at major petrol stations
- 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express), telecommunication providers and government bodies in Australia where you earn 0.5 points per dollar spent
Unlike other programs, with your AMEX Platinum Edge Credit Card you’ll receive an uncapped earn rate from a rewards program.
How do I apply for the AMEX Platinum Edge credit card?
To apply via PC, tablet or smartphone, or to find out more information about the card directly via the American Express Australia website, click here .