Enjoy a range of perks with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum
Right now, new cardholders can earn 50,000 Qantas Points and get $100 back with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum.
The card also delivers a range of platinum-grade perks and a high ongoing Qantas Points earn rate on eligible purchases.
To receive the 50,000 Qantas points and $100 back with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, new cardholders need to apply, be approved and spend a minimum of $2,000 within the first 3 months of approval. Eligibility criteria, T&Cs, fees and charges apply.
Why we love the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum
Above and beyond the sign-on bonus of 50,000 Qantas Points, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum could be a handy card to have in your wallet. There’s a range of platinum-grade perks on offer, including a suite of insurances and Visa Platinum privileges.
And, if you’re searching for a card with a low minimum income requirement, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum might just fit the bill. To be eligible to apply, you’ll need to report a minimum gross (pre-tax) income of just $35,000,
Apply now with a mobile-friendly application form available on the ANZ website here. Or, read on for our take on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum benefits.
Pocket 50,000 bonus Qantas Points
50,000 Qantas Points is a solid sign-on bonus, and it’s enough to get you overseas.
We’ve listed out a range of popular flight redemptions, below:
- Qantas Economy Class Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to Los Angeles one way (45,000 Qantas Points, plus taxes and fees)
- Qantas Economy Class Perth to Singapore return (45,000 Qantas Points, plus taxes and fees)
- Qantas Business Class from Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane to Auckland one way (36,000 Qantas Points, plus taxes and fees)
- Qantas Economy Class from Sydney to Denpasar (Bali) return (45,000 Qantas Points, plus taxes and fees)
Points redemption rates are correct as at 26 March 2019 and subject to airline T&Cs and availability. Fees and charges are payable in addition to the points redeemed.
Enjoy a high Qantas Points earn rate on eligible spend
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum allows you to earn Qantas Points on your everyday spending so you can travel further while paying less. The Qantas Points earn rate is as follows:
- 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $3,000 per statement period, and
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $3,000 per statement period.
Points earning rates are uncapped, regardless of how much you spend per month or per year. You could also earn 1 additional point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
Note that fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers, and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes are not considered eligible purchases.
Unlock a range of insurances
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum provides access to a suite of complimentary insurances designed to provide peace of mind at home and away. The products include:
- Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance
- Rental Excess Cover
- Extended Warranty Insurance
- Best Price Guarantee Scheme
- 90-day Purchase Security Insurance
Before deciding to take up any included insurance product, you should first ensure it fits your needs. You can access information about the complimentary insurance cover here.
Get access to other cardholder benefits
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum provides access to a range of additional lifestyle and entertainment benefits. These include:
- Visa Entertainment – Enjoy exclusive travel, leisure, dining and shopping offers
- 24/7 Concierge Service – ANZ’s complimentary Personal Concierge is available 24 hours a day, providing assistance with restaurant or hotel bookings, gift ideas and more
- Mobile payments – Use your compatible smartphone or wearable device to tap and pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay
Note that it’s possible to add up to nine supplementary cardholders to the primary ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum account. A $65 annual fee applies per supplementary card.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum key information
|Purchase rate (%)||19.99%|
|Cash advance rate (%)||21.49%|
|Standard annual fee ($)||$295|
|Minimum credit limit ($)||$6,000|
|Minimum income required||$35,000 p.a.|
|Reward Program||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum annual fee
The annual fee for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum is $295 per year. However, you’ll receive $100 back when you spend a minimum of $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months after approval. This brings the first year annual fee down to just $195.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum eligibility
To apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, you’ll need to report a minimum income of just $35,000 per annum. You must be a permanent Australian resident.
To receive the 50,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must not currently hold or have opened or closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card in the past 12 months. The specific card products this restriction applies to are: ANZ Frequent Flyer Black, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold and ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card.
Note that if you currently hold or have held an ANZ Rewards card or another type of ANZ credit card in the past 12 months, this does not preclude you from earning the bonus points on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, provided you meet all the other offer eligibility criteria.
Ready to apply?
The secure, mobile-friendly application form on the ANZ website should take you around 5 minutes to complete and you may receive a response in less than 60 seconds.