Unlock points and perks with the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum.
Right now, there’s 50,000 bonus Qantas Points and $195 back to your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum when you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months from approval.
This popular Qantas Frequent Flyer credit card unlocks a range of platinum-grade perks and a high ongoing Qantas Points earn rate on eligible purchases. Plus, with $195 back, the first year annual card fee is effectively reduced to $100.New card. Limited time. Spend and eligibility criteria, T&Cs, fees and charges apply (including an annual fee of $295).
Or, read on for our take on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum benefits, and discover how this card could be the perfect addition to your wallet.
Pocket 50,000 bonus Qantas Points
50,000 Qantas Points is a solid sign-on bonus, and it’s enough for a return economy flight overseas. Simply by using the bonus Qantas Points earned via this card, you could fly:
- Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney to Los Angeles in economy, one way (41,900 Qantas Points)
- Brisbane to Hong Kong in economy, return (50,400 Qantas Points)
- Sydney to Auckland in business class, one way (41,400 Qantas Points)
Fees and charges are payable in addition to points redeemed. Qantas Points redemption is subject to airline T&Cs and availability.
Enjoy a high Qantas Points earn rate on eligible spend
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum allows you to earn Qantas Points on your everyday spending so you can travel further while paying less. The Qantas Points earn rate is as follows:
- 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases up to and including $3,000 per statement period, and
- 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $3,000 per statement period.
Points earning rates are uncapped, regardless of how much you spend per month or per year. You could also earn 1 additional point per $1 spent on selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
Note that fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers, and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes are not considered eligible purchases.
Unlock a range of insurances
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum provides access to a suite of complimentary insurances designed to provide coverage at home and away. The products include:
- International Travel Insurance
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance
- Rental Vehicle Excess In Australia Insurance
- Extended Warranty Insurance
- Guaranteed Pricing Scheme
- Purchase Protection Insurance
The eligibility criteria, terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Premium Cards – Insurances Policy Information booklet and the ANZ Credit Cards Insurance Features booklet which may be amended from time to time.
Get access to other cardholder benefits
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum provides access to a range of additional lifestyle and entertainment benefits. These include:
- Visa Entertainment – Enjoy exclusive travel, leisure, dining and shopping offers
- 24/7 Concierge Service – ANZ’s complimentary Personal Concierge is available 24 hours a day, providing assistance with restaurant or hotel bookings, gift ideas and more
- Mobile payments – Use your compatible smartphone or wearable device to tap and pay with Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay
Note that it’s possible to add up to nine supplementary cardholders to the primary ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum account. A $65 annual fee applies per supplementary card.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum key information
|Purchase Rate / Cash Advance Rate (%)||20.24%|
|Interest Free Days||Up to 55|
|Annual Fee ($)||$295|
|Min. Credit ($)||$6,000|
|Reward Program Fee ($)||$55|
|Purchase Protection Insurance||Yes|
|Reward Program Name||Qantas Frequent Flyer|
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum annual fee
The annual fee for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum is $295 per year. However, you’ll receive $195 back when you spend a minimum of $2,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months after approval. This effectively brings the first year annual fee down to just $100.
ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum eligibility
To apply for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, you must be 18 years of age or over and a permanent Australian resident or a non-permanent resident with more than 9 months remaining on your Visa.
To receive the 50,000 bonus Qantas Points, you must not currently hold or have opened or closed an ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card in the past 12 months. The specific card products this restriction applies to are: ANZ Frequent Flyer Black, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold and ANZ Frequent Flyer credit card.
Note that if you currently hold or have held an ANZ Rewards card or another type of ANZ credit card in the past 12 months, this does not preclude you from earning the bonus points on the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum, provided you meet all the other offer eligibility criteria.
Ready to apply?
The secure, mobile-friendly application form on the ANZ website should take you around 5 minutes to complete and you may receive a response in less than 60 seconds.