The Qantas AMEX Ultimate Credit Card is one of the highest Qantas American Express credit cards available.
Right now, new Card Members can pick up a generous 55,000 Qantas points. In addition, the card comes with a $450 Qantas travel credit and two Qantas club lounge passes – setting you up for some seriously stylish travel.
Or, read on for our review.
55,000 reasons to consider the Qantas American Express Ultimate Credit Card
New card members get a sign on bonus of 55,000 Qantas points. That’s enough to jet off on an adventure.
You could fly on the Qantas Dreamliner or A380 to the USA from selected Australian cities one way in economy plus taxes.
Or, why not treat yourself with a luxurious first class flight on the Emirates A380? A one way flight from Sydney to Christchurch costs just 54,000 points in first class, or 36,000 points in business class (plus taxes).
We’ve listed out some of our favourite ways you could use the your Qantas AMEX Ultimate sign on bonus in the table below:
|Route||Fare class||Qantas points needed|
|Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney to Los Angeles||Economy Class (one way)||45,000 Qantas points|
|Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Adelaide to Auckland||Business class (one way)||36,000 Qantas points|
|Perth to Singapore||Economy (return||45,000 Qantas points|
|Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane to Perth||Business Class (one way)||36,000 Qantas points|
|Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane to Hong Kong||Premium Economy Class (one way)||45,000 Qantas points|
Get a $450 Qantas Travel Credit to spend at AMEX Travel
Qantas AMEX Ultimate card members receive a $450 Qantas Travel Credit each membership year to spend at AMEX Travel. Simply by using this Travel Credit, you’ll get maximum value from the $450 annual fee.
The Qantas Travel Credit can be used towards eligible international or domestic Qantas flights when you book and pay online at American Express Travel. The travel credit doesn’t have to be used for yourself – you can use it to book and pay for flights for others.
Access a high earn rate on Qantas AMEX Ultimate spend
On top of the 55,000 bonus Qantas Points for new card members, the Qantas American Express Credit Card delivers a very high earn rate on card spend. You’ll earn:
- 1.5 Qantas points per $1 for everyday spending
- 2.5 Points per $1 on selected purchases with Qantas
- 0.5 points per $1 on government charges
Best of all, there’s no cap on how many points you can earn – regardless of how much you spend per month or each year.
If you’ve been thinking about getting a Qantas American Express credit card, but are worried about acceptance, note that the American Express merchant network is growing wider by the day.
Chains like Coles, Woolworths, David Jones, Dan Murphy and Myer plus numerous smaller merchants all happily accept the Qantas AMEX Ultimate with no surcharge.
You can boost your points haul even further by linking your Qantas AMEX card to PayPal, allowing you to use your card wherever PayPal is accepted.
The Qantas AMEX Ultimate delivers a range of other perks
This platinum-grade Qantas AMEX credit card delivers access to a range of number of other card member benefits. Card members get access to:
- Two complimentary Qantas Club lounge invitations each year (valid at domestic Qantas Club lounges and International Business Lounges, with the exception of Los Angeles) will see you relaxing in comfort before your next flight. The Qantas Lounge invitations are provided after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services.
- Two entries to the American Express Lounge per year, located at Sydney International Airport and Melbourne International Airport. Kick back and enjoy premium food and beverages before your next international flight.
- A suite of comprehensive insurances, including domestic and international travel insurance.
- The ability to obtain free additional cards for family members. This can be handy for maximising benefits from popular promotions like ‘AMEX Connect’ and ‘Shop Small’
- Complimentary Qantas Wine Premium Membership. Get free delivery and earn Bonus Points when you purchase wines.
Qantas AMEX Ultimate Credit Card Eligibility
To apply for the Qantas AMEX Ultimate, you’ll need to be able to report a minimum income of $65,000.
To be credited with the bonus points, you must not have held a credit card issued directly by American Express Australia in the last 18 months.
Previous and existing bank-issued AMEX card holders (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation), David Jones AMEX card holders and those holding a supplementary AMEX card are eligible.
The secure, mobile friendly application form takes less than 10 minutes to complete and AMEX may be able to give you a response in less than 60 seconds.
If you’re looking to significantly boost your Qantas Frequent Flyer points balance, the Qantas AMEX Ultimate could be worth looking into.
The Champagne Mile receives a commission when you click on one of the outbound links on this page to apply for the Qantas American Express Ultimate Credit Card. We thank you for your support.