Qantas Classic Reward promotions come and go – but they usually only cover Economy bookings. So it’s exciting to see that Qantas has dropped a new sale that’s valid on a range of Premium Economy and Business Class routes!
How does it work?
For a limited time, Qantas is offering 30% off the Qantas Points required for eligible Classic Reward redemption seats across multiple cabins and destinations. This covers flights operated by Qantas, Fiji Airways and Jetstar.
The eligible routes include selected Australian cities into New Zealand, Fiji and San Francisco (with taxes/fees levied as per normal):
- Brisbane – San Francisco: Save on Economy and Premium Economy award seats on this recently launched route.
- Australia – NZ: Save on Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class seats between four Australian cities (Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane / Adelaide) and four New Zealand cities (Auckland / Wellington / Queenstown / Christchurch /)
- Australian cities – Nadi: Save on Economy and Business Class seats between Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane and Nadi. This includes Fiji Airways business class
How much could you save? We’ve listed out the usual and discounted points cost on a range of routes, below:
|Route||Qantas Points (Standard)||Qantas Points (30% Sale)|
|Brisbane – San Francisco (Econ)||41,900||29,330|
|Brisbane – San Francisco (Prem Econ)||81,300||56,910|
|ADL/MEL/SYD/BNE – Auckland (Econ)||18,000||12,600|
|ADL/MEL/SYD/BNE – Auckland (Business)||41,500||29,050|
|Sydney – Nadi (Econ)||18,000||12,600|
|Sydney – Nadi (Business)||41,500||29,050|
To fly away for less, you simply need to:
- Login to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account and select ‘Use points’ to search for your flights.
- Book an eligible Classic Flight Reward between 10 February 2020 and 19 February 2020 on Qantas, Jetstar or Fiji Airways operated flights.
- Travel between 10 February 2020 and 31 December 2020.
The reduced points cost will automatically display when you select your seat of choice. Standard taxes and fees will be levied to the Classic Reward redemption booking as normal.
Qantas Classic Reward Sale: Final Thoughts
This is an interesting Qantas Points promotion, in that it only covers selected destinations. However, with a range of popular routes at play, there’s a compelling opportunity to save off the usually hefty points cost of a premium cabin Classic Award booking – something we almost never see.
Looking to boost your Qantas Points balance? Receive up to 150,000 Qantas Points with a new Qantas-linked card. Browse current offers here