Don’t miss out on a huge 100,000 Velocity points with our exclusive partner offer for the AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card. This limited time promotion ends Jan 29. It’s not available via the standard American Express website, you must apply via an exclusive AMEX Partner linkTo receive the 100,000 bonus Velocity Points, you need to apply for the AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card online by 29th January 2018, are approved and spend $1,500 within the first 3 months. In addition to the sign on bonus, Australia’s top Velocity credit card is packed with a number of card holder benefits that more than offset the $375 annual fee. These include a complimentary return domestic flight and four lounge passes each anniversary year, comprehensive domestic and international travel insurances and the ability to earn 100 Velocity Status Credits annually.
A new AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card could get you a one way Virgin Australia flight from Australian cities to the USA in Business Class (or return in Economy), or a one way First Class Singapore Airlines flight from Sydney / Melbourne to Singapore or Hong Kong – one of my favourite ways to fly! For more inspiration on where 100,000 bonus Velocity points could take you, check out our recent post here.
We’ve listed out the main AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card benefits below:
- 100,000 bonus Velocity points when new AMEX card members apply online by January 29 2018, are approved and spend $1,500 within the first 3 months.
- A complimentary Virgin Australia domestic economy return flight between selected Australian capital cities. Your AMEX Velocity Platinum Card entitles you to your free flight each year after your first Card spend. You can partially or fully offset the card annual fee, simply by using the free flight!
- A generous four airport lounge invites each year – two complimentary passes to Virgin Australia’s domestic lounges when flying with the airline (single entry lounge passes are sold by Virgin Australia for $65 each) and two invites to the exclusive American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport (with a new AMEX Melbourne Airport lounge due to open in early 2018).
- 100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits applied to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account when you spend a minimum of $50,000 within your card membership year.
- A suite of comprehensive insurances, including domestic and international travel insurance. Note that trips booked with your Card using Velocity Points are covered and this can save you significant money when travelling.
- The ability to obtain free supplementary cards for family members – very handy for maximising benefits from popular promotions like ‘AMEX Connect’ and ‘Shop Small’.
In addition to the benefits listed above, you’ll access the best earn rate on a AMEX Velocity card in Australia, with 1.5 Velocity points earned per $1 for everyday spending and 2.5 Velocity Points per $1 on purchases with Virgin Australia. Government charges earn 0.5 points per $1. And best of all, there’s no cap on how many points you can earn – regardless of how much you spend per month!
AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card fee and eligibility
The AMEX Velocity Platinum Credit Card comes with an annual fee of $375 each year, which can easily be offset by using just some of the generous card benefits we’ve listed out above. The perks available with this card far outweigh the benefits of a number of more expensive cards in the market.
You’ll need to report a minimum income of $65,000 (this is listed as combined household income – so even if you don’t meet the threshold with your individual income, you may be eligible to apply).
To be credited with the bonus points, you must not have held a credit card issued directly by American Express Australia in the last 18 months. Previous and existing bank-issued AMEX card holders (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation) and those holding a corporate or supplementary AMEX card are eligible.
This exclusive offer ends Jan 29, so don’t miss out! You can’t access the promotion on the main AMEX website (currently offering 50k bonus points) – It’s only available via an exclusive (mobile friendly) AMEX Partner link
The secure, mobile friendly application form takes less than 10 minutes to complete and AMEX may be able to give you a response in less than 60 seconds – so if you’re looking to boost your Velocity points balance for 2018, apply now
Disclaimer: The Champagne Mile receives a financial benefit when you apply for the AMEX Velocity Platinum Card via our unique link. We appreciate your support.