If you’re looking for a fast track to elite Velocity Frequent Flyer status, you’re in luck! Virgin Australia has launched their first double status credit offer of the year, and you can register now!
A double status credit offer could help you to obtain Gold or Platinum Velocity status sooner, unlocking perks like lounge access, extra baggage allowance, priority upgrades and more.
How to register for the 2019 Virgin Australia double status credits offer
To earn Virgin Australia double status credits, you need to:
- Register for the offer by 12 February on the Virgin Australia promotion page here
- Book any eligible Virgin Australia flight between 1 and 12 February 2019, for travel until 28 December 2019
- Travel, then wait for your double status credits to be credited (this should happen up to six weeks after travel).
Which flights qualify for the offer?
Velocity double status credits will only be earned for flights that are operated and marketed by Virgin Australia (that’s a flight with a “VA” flight number on a Virgin Australia aircraft). Codeshare flights operated by Velocity partner airlines are not eligible to earn double Velocity status credits.
Note that you also can’t earn double status credits for existing bookings. If you have a flexible booking on a VA operated and marketed flight, you may like to cancel and rebook between 1 and 12 February 2019 to qualify. However, depending on the class of your ticket, significant cancellation or rebooking fees may apply.
When will my double status credits post?
Virgin Australia states that it may take up to 4 weeks after flying for the additional status credits to be posted to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account.
Other important things to note
All passengers in each booking need to register separately to earn double status credits. Once registered, travellers are able to make multiple bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion.
Some other restrictions apply. You can review the full terms and conditions on the offer page.
If you’d like to learn about the best routes to fly to maximise Status Credit earn, you can subscribe to our mailing list here.
Digging into the details of Velocity elite membership
A Virgin Australia double status credit offer could fast track you to elite status, helping you to unlock perks like lounge access, extra baggage allowance, priority upgrades and more.
You’ll need to earn just 250 Velocity status credits to earn Silver status, and 200 to retain. A Velocity Frequent Flyer Silver membership unlocks the following key benefits:
- International Priority Check-in
- Two Single Entry passes for the Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge, valid for 12 months
- 50% Points bonus, on top of the base Points earned, when travelling with Virgin Australia (on all fare types except Domestic Getaway fares)
However, in our opinion, A Velocity Gold membership is the sweeter level to chase. It requires just 500 Status Credits to earn and 400 to maintain, plus 4 eligible flight sectors. Once you’ve reached this membership level, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Virgin Australia Lounge (as well as selected international airport lounges operated by partner airlines)
- Priority Check-in, Screening and Boarding
- Extra baggage allowance
- Complimentary reciprocal Gold membership with either IHG Rewards or Hilton Hhonors
Reaching the lofty heights of Velocity Frequent Flyer Platinum status requires 1,000 status credits to earn or 800 to retain, plus 8 eligible flight sectors.
Once there, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of gold, plus key perks like Economy X seat selection on Domestic and International Short Haul flights and complimentary Platinum Partner membership with IHG Rewards or Diamond membership with Hilton Hhonors.
You’ll need to be a member of Velocity Frequent Flyer to access this offer. It’s easy and free to join up. You can find out more about joining Velocity here.