Looking to fast track your way to elite Velocity status? It’s time to get booking, with double Velocity Status Credits on the table for frequent flyers who register and book eligible Virgin Australia flights for travel through to 31 December 2023.
Double Velocity status credits: How to register
A Double Status Credit offer could help you fast-track to elite Velocity Status or enable you to retain your current level. To earn double status credits with Virgin Australia, you’ll need to:
- Login to your Velocity account, navigate to the Virgin Australia offer page and hit ‘activate’ to register for the offer.
- Book an eligible Virgin Australia flight booking between 24 October and 30 October 2023 and include your Velocity Frequent Flyer number in your booking.
- Travel by 31 December 2023. Then, sit back and wait for your double status credits to be credited (this may take up to four weeks from the date of travel).
Which flights are eligible?
The offer of double status credits is available on flights across the entire Virgin Australia domestic and international network.
Note that bookings made before activating the offer won’t earn double status credits. The offer also isn’t available on codeshare flights operated by partner airlines or on reward seats booked with points.
When will the double Status Credits post?
Virgin Australia states that it may take up to four weeks after flying for the additional status credits to be posted to your Velocity Frequent Flyer account.
Note that all passengers in each booking need to register separately to earn double status credits. Once registered, travellers are able to make multiple bookings to earn double status credits during the promotion.
Some other restrictions apply. You can review the full terms and conditions on the offer page.
Digging into the details of Velocity elite membership
A Virgin Australia double status credit offer could fast track you to elite status, unlocking perks like lounge access, extra baggage allowance, priority upgrades, and more.
You’ll need to earn just 250 Velocity status credits to earn Silver status, and 200 to retain. A Velocity Frequent Flyer Silver membership unlocks the following key benefits:
- International Priority Check-in
- Two Single Entry passes for the Virgin Australia Domestic Lounge, valid for 12 months
- 50% Points bonus, on top of the base points earned, when travelling with Virgin Australia (on all fare types except Domestic Getaway fares)
However, many savvy travellers consider that Velocity Gold membership is the sweeter level to chase. It requires just 500 Status Credits to earn and 400 to maintain, plus four eligible flight sectors. Once you’ve reached this membership level, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Access to the Virgin Australia Lounge (as well as selected international airport lounges operated by partner airlines)
- Priority Check-in, Screening and Boarding
- Extra baggage allowance
- Complimentary reciprocal Gold membership with either IHG One Rewards or Hilton Honors
Reaching the lofty heights of Velocity Frequent Flyer Platinum status requires 1,000 status credits to earn or 800 to retain, plus 8 eligible flight sectors.
Once there, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of gold, plus key perks like Economy X seat selection on Domestic flights and other exclusive perks.
You can find out more about the benefits of different Velocity status tiers here.
Not yet a Velocity Member?
Hurry, the current Velocity double Status Credits offer ends soon, and we may not see one again before the end of the year. Don’t miss out!
While you’re here: Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest tips, deals and news. It only takes a few seconds and we respect your privacy: